Frequently Asked Questions
- What will the money be spent on? All the costs of producing and promoting a book. The budget is on the crowdfunding page.
- What if we don't reach the target? The book will still be published. The budget for writing and photography will suffer.
- Why isn't HOPE being crowdfunded through an established crowdfunding platform? We decided to build our own site to have more control, more creativity, less fees and less risk. Crowdfunding platforms take pledges for money. If the target is not reached, no money is collected. We couldn't risk the future of this project and waste all the work that goes into a campaign.
- Why isn’t HOPE being published by a ‘normal’ publisher? Ahimsa Helen has published 8 books with mainstream publishers. She has published one other book herself. She decided to go it alone because publishers take lots of rights from authors, they give little return and books quickly go out of print if sales volumes drop. Publishing in Australia limits distribution to Australia and New Zealand. The publisher will want the international rights but with no guarantee of using them. Ahimsa Helen has an international network and will be travelling widely to give seminars and retreats on yoga for trauma recovery. The book, along with the film Heroes of Peace, is part of her presentation package.
- Where will HOPE be published? Hope will be published in Australia. It will also be distributed in Europe. Later it will be translated into Spanish and published in Colombia.
- How will HOPE be distributed? In all possible ways.
- Where can I find more information? Take a look at www.gangesyoga.net Go to the page titled Life Beyond Trauma. If you want to know more, please write to us at email@example.com